Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holiday Recipe #1: Emeril's Chocolate-y Christmas Cafe au Lait

When Christmas morning rolls around, I like to start my day with a decadent breakfest treat. What's more luxurious than chocolate? I am constantly tuned in to the Food Network, and when I saw my idol, Emeril Legassi, creating this simple yet elegant breakfest drink, I had to get the recipe. This X-mas, I will make a double serving of this treat and share it with my family.



Emeril's Chocolate-y Christmas Cafe au Lait
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups whole milk
  • 2/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
  • 2 ( 2-inch) cinnamon sticks
  • 1 strip orange peel, about 1/2 inch by 3 inches
  • 10 whole cloves
  • 2 to 2 1/2 cups hot brewed strong coffee
  • 1/4 cup cold heavy cream
(Ground cinnamon and/or Cocoa, for garnish)


In a medium bowl, whip the cream with the remaining 1 teaspoon sugar until thick and frothy, and peaks form. Set aside.
Strain the milk mixture into a coffee pot or carafe and add 2 cups of the hot coffee (2 1/2 cups for stronger coffee flavor, to taste). Pour into cups or small mugs and top each with a dollop of the sweetened whipped cream."

Serve immediately
--
This recipe was found on FoodNetwork.com at this link. Visit the site for help with holiday dishes & more!
Directions:"In a medium saucepan, whisk together the milk, 2/3 cup of the sugar, and cocoa until smooth. Add the cinnamon sticks, orange peel and cloves and bring to a simmer, stirring, to dissolve the sugar and prevent the cocoa from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat, cover, and let steep for 10 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'll bet Santa would like this.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that looks so good! I love coffee/chocolate combinations. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

 

Site Beautified by Barbara ~ Back To Top