Sunday, November 14, 2010

Recommendation of the Week: 11/14/2010 - 11/20/2010

'The Pride Of Lions'
by Marsha Canham
"They were torn between pride and passion. . .
It was a boastful wager, a bold flirtation meant to win a proposal from the most eligible officer in His Majesty's Royal Dragoons. How was the spoiled and pampered Catherine Augustine Ashbrooke to know the handsome stranger with the brooding midnight eyes would see through her plot and make her the pawn in a dangerous game of his own?
United by a reckless game of chance. . .
Alexander Cameron may have won the highborn English beauty in a duel, but not even the lure of long-forgotten desires could keep him from his meeting with destiny. He had no choice but to carry his reluctant bride off to the Highlands, to a world of ancient blood feuds and a brewing rebellion-a world where fiery passion and breathtaking courage would prove that even legendary warriors could lose their hearts."Source
[Read an excerpt: here]
My Thoughts: I wanted to stray away from the usual suspects for this week's Recommendation. I dummy-proof searched "Best Historical Romance Novels", and came up with lists and web pages filled with wonderfully titles yet to be discovered by me. "The Pride Of Lions" was among the ranks and I just HAD to explore. On it's amazon listing, there were lots of positive feedback and wonderful 5 star reviews. The synopsis had me at go and the except was truly enjoyable. Having never read a Marsha Canham novel, I can't attest to her writing style, but reviewers far and wide have good things to say about this book.
I look forward to adding it to an amazon.com cart very soon and finding a new author to gush over!
Hope you'll check it out too/or leave your opinion on this author and book!

Read a review at Pink Princess Book Reviews :here

This is your Recommendation for the Week of November 14th, 2010 thru November 20th, 2010

Until Next Post<3...

1 comment:

  1. Rita,

    I read Pride of Lions many years ago. Offhand, there are about ten romances that I can remember--characters, storyline, and such--years after I've read the book. Pride of Lions is one of them. I hope you'll pick it up. You'll absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete

 

Site Beautified by Barbara ~ Back To Top