Sunday, April 15, 2012

Recommendation of the Week: 4/15/12 - 4/21/12


'Passion Wears Pearls'
by Renee Bernard
Read  First Chapter: here
Review from The HR Critic: here
Amazon: Print: here | Kindle: here



After the darkness of a dungeon in India, artist Josiah Hastings found that years of imprisonment left his eyesight weak and failing. So when the fiery beauty of Miss Eleanor Beckett appears in his vision amidst the bleak grays of a London winter, he knows he's found his muse and one last chance at a masterpiece...







Book Video:

My Thoughts: Oh Renee! A going-blind hero? I've been craving one (is that bad? odd? not normal?) since reading Teresa Medeiros' Yours Until Dawn! I know this book will be smashing! And not just because the housekeeper's named after moi ;) I am currently re-beginning Ecstasy Wears Emeralds after my grandmother 'borrowed' it while I was in the middle of it. But this author has the goods. I knew 3 chapters in she was good and I can't wait to revisit Emeralds, catch up with Rubies and Sapphires, and then ATTACK Pearls ...all while eagerly awaiting Opals ;) And if any of you are wondering what the hell I am talking about, just check out Renee Bernard and get back to me ;) 


What do YOU think of this week's Recommendation?
Have you read it yet or anything by this author?
What are your thoughts? 

Until Next Week<3...

5 comments:

  1. Awesome series. She writes great characters and the way the backstory is spread out over the course of all the books is divine.

    I just love seeing these tortured heros overcoming all they have been through to find love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read this series! But my curiosity is peaked now.....will have to start on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found Renee's books when she was a debut author years ago, loved them! But I haven't read her newest ones (last year or so). I have no excuse for it either. They are on my list, though!

    And this one may just move up my list a bit more--I'm always looking for a good romance where either the hero or heroine are blind (or nearly so). I think the reason I search for them is with my poor vision, I can totally relate. It's nice to know that perhaps I can get my HEA too. :) Now I just need to find the perfect hero....

    Enjoy!
    TBQ
    TBQ's Book Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read this book but I totally get what you are saying about the Teresa Medeiros book. I've been looking for a hero like that too. I loved that book and I loved the Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie but those are the only two books I'd ever discovered with a "different" sort of hero. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I just found your blog. I completely understand your addiction to romance books. I have been reading them since I was 19 years old.

    Love and Hugs,
    Xenia

    ReplyDelete

 

Site Beautified by Barbara ~ Back To Top