Thursday, July 1, 2010

New Month, New Material: July 2010

   With the 4th of July already cementing some excitable emotions in all of us, let us take the time to reflect on the following passage by Mark Twain: "Patriotism is the last refuge for scoundrels."... What that has to do with anything: I haven't a clue. But anyway, Jumping Jehoshaphat, its July! I can't believe what a success June has been. Some wonderful books were released, I made some excellent headway in my quest to master this little thing called blogging, and I've finally got the extra free time I wanted to devote to the internet (as if 25 hours a day wasn't enough; yes I meant 25, not 24..bad joke).
   June is always a special time of the year for me; whether I am just getting out of school, denying getting any older on my birthday, or saying 'goodbye' and 'how ya doing?' to some new changes in my life. I am glad I get the chance to share some of that change and growth with you guys. June has been such a treat. To all of you who have stuck around and made N.A.R.B a detour in your web browsing, I thank you and just want to say that your loyalty is comforting and appreciated greatly. I want to welcome and thank all the new followers of the blog; and also those of the official twitter and facebook pages. We reached a milestone of 200 'Likes' on facebook the other day, and I am so happy and humbled! I love the comments, the stories, the crazy little anecdotes all of you see fit to share with me; it really makes my day to read a comment about how much you guys relate to me or my random little updates and enjoy what's being posted. July will see some super new exciting additions to the blog and I can't wait to introduce them. I start this month off with the same mission I started the previous one with: Making your followship worthwhile.

Here's some of what to expect this month:
- Because I never get tired of saying it: MORE REVIEWS (some more genre selections; contemporary, YA, MAYBE a paranormal if I find the time.)
-New Segment: Coffee Shop Conversations: Q&A with an Author (premiering July 1st)
-The first giveaway! (July 6th, courtesy of author Jennifer Ashley- will be attached to her Coffee Shop Conversations appearance)
-That online resources for book info I meant to do last month.
-New Blog Segment: Guilty Pleasures (spotlight post on the items and treats that get my motor running)
-More '5 Memorable Quotes'
-Update on my TV-top bookshelf and what I am reading now
-And so much more =)

I look forward to starting a new month with you guys and hope to welcome a few more readers to your ranks!

Until Next Post<3...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Beautified by Barbara ~ Back To Top